Provides class-leading safety features and a wide input supply range that for continuous charging even during vehicle stop/start events
The Qi v1.2.4 Beast 1.0 solution by Spark Connected that was launched in 2018 was the industry’s first reference design that was certified CISPR-25 Class 4, providing unparalleled EMC performance in the market.
Now further facilitating wireless charging for automotive in-cabin requirements is the Beast 2.0, a 15 W wireless charging solution that meets the latest Qi requirements. Continuing market leadership in EMC performance, the Beast 2.0 allows customers an easy-to-implement solution that meets strict OEM requirements. In addition to EMC capability, the Beast 2.0 also meets all requirements of the latest Qi requirements and provides class-leading safety features and a wide input supply range for continuous charging even during vehicle stop/start events. Foreign Object Detection (FOD) is improved over other solutions in the market, increasing user safety while still providing a flexible charging experience.
Secure authentication between smartphone and charger by the Beast 2.0 contributes to device and user safety by protecting against fake chargers.
Features of the Beast 2.0 15W include:
- Latest WPC Qi functionality
- Supports 15W charging for Qi-certified devices
- Supports fast charging enabled devices
- Secure authentication between smartphone and charger
- Unique coil driver architecture meets CISPR-25 Class 4 EMC requirements
- Improved accuracy Foreign Object Detection (FOD)
- Wide range 6 -19V input supply; supports vehicle stop/start
- NFC/RFID tag detection
- AUTOSAR support
- Supports future products and standards with field-upgradeable Pantheon software
“Our newest feature-rich Beast 2.0 solution will help our customers easily integrate the technology and significantly improve the safety and performance over other solutions in the market today,” said Ruwanga Dassanayake, Chief Operating Officer at Spark Connected.