We have an immediate opportunity for a Engineer – PCB & Electronics Design to join us at our diverse team. The Engineer – PCB & Electronics Design will be responsible Lead design and development for Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) to meet customer specific technical, cost and market related technology for the hydraulics portfolio.
- Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Demonstrates the application of basic engineering tools/ principles and evidence of creative thinking (Printed circuit board stack up design, Bill of Materials, Component Placement according to design flow for ease of routing)
- Prepares layout, detailed drawings and schematics by using computer assisted engineering design software and ECAD tools
- Responsible for activity planning, execution and closing of assigned activities
- Confers with manufacturing, Product teams, Printed circuit board fab vendors, suppliers to develop designs and resolve Design for Manufacturing, Design for Testing, Design For Assembly issues
- Plans, Organizes, and leads smaller projects
- Ensure all Printed Circuit Board design processes and review processes are well understood and followed in every design
- Effectively prioritizes and acts with speed and focus
- Identifies competencies and personnel needed to complete tasks
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvements in Printed Circuit Board Design
- Process/ Design Cycle time/DPMO and contribute on process improvements
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholder to define acceptable quality levels based on IPC standards of Printed circuit board design, and continuously manages the expectations of stakeholders
- Consistently achieves results, even under adverse circumstances like minor changes in Schematics and or Placement
Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience in PCB design
- Hands-on experience in Mentor graphics, Altium and Allegro (Capture, PCB editor) (Must) / CADSTAR / PADs or equivalent Layout and Capture tool
- Sound knowledge of electrical & electronic components – Surface Mount & through Hole.
- Hands-on experience in creation of footprints and sound knowledge of IPC Standards like IPC2221A, IPC-SM-782 and IPC 7351, UL and MIL standards, PCB library management,
- Prepare schematics, performs layout design
- Awareness of CIS / CIP database, thermal management, Enclosure designs.
- Experience with PCB manufacturing process (Design for Manufacturing, assembly and testing) and validation of Gerbers using CAM350
- Hands on experience in multi-layer, high speed, mix signal and flex PCB design.
- Good knowledge of PCB design guidelines for EMI / EMC aspects, some exposure on hardware testing
- Hands on experience with high speed board designs, Signal Integrity & Power Integrity analysis using Ansys or equivalent tool
- Automotive domain knowledge for High power Layout designs.
- MCU based Hardware development, Mixed Signal Design, EMI/EMC certification testing