The biggest issue for iPhone users is that they are seen carrying power banks with themselves at various places to ensure that their device does not lose the battery. The battery has been a severe issue for iPhone users because they cannot charge their phones from any other charger except the iPhone ones.
Imagine now if your iPhone won’t charge and show various issues, how annoying it would be. So to help you deal with this issue, this article will cover multiple ways to fix iPhone won’t charge matter.
How To Treat My iPhone that Won’t Charge
There are various ways to simplify the process of fixing your iPhone won’t charge issue, and some of them are discussed below.
1. Hard Reset Your iPhone
If there is an issue with your iPhone charging, then maybe there is an issue with your system. So it is most suitable, to begin with, a hard reset that allows your system to refresh all settings and permissions. With the hard reset solving, this can make errors much more accessible.
So you can follow the steps listed below based on your version of iPhone to hard reset your device.
For iPhone 8-8+
- Click on the ‘Volume increase’ key and then tap the volume Decrease’ key.
- Press the power key until Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Now put your password to login into your device.
For iPhone 7-7+
- Press the power button & then press the Volume decrease button, and do not lose control until apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 6s-6SE
- Press the Home & Sleep button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Now release the button and let the device restart, and this will resolve the issue.
2. Check The Lightning Cable For Damage
Whenever there is a connection issue in your charger or Wi-Fi, the most recommended check is the line check. You can follow this process quickly by holding the wire at the source, checking it to the end, and finding any issues or cutting on the wire.
If you find any cut on the cable, it is suitable to replace the line because if you put tape on it, it will affect its look, and secondly, it might still be prone to fluctuations. The iPhone stops charging when there are fluctuations in the current.
3. Try With A New iPhone Charger
Though there are very few chances, everything has to be kept in possibility. Some capacitors of your iPhone adapter might have short-circuited, so in such cases, you can borrow an iPhone charger from someone else.
Also, you can connect your cable to various devices like speakers and computers and allow your iPhone to charge quickly without any issues.
4. Brush The Gunk Out Of The iPhone’s Charging Port
The regular use of mobile phones may result in dust getting collected on various open ports of the device, which often include the charging port, microphone port, and speakers. You can clean the ports easily by using an earbud..
But there is also a secondary secret feature that can make this process more accessible, called the cleaning sound. This option is available in settings, and when the user enables it. Then for 2-3 minutes, a loud sound is generated from your device, which clears off all the dust in various ports of the device.
5. Put The iPhone Into DFU Mode & Restore
iPhone offers its users a feature known as Device Firmware Update, which allows them to restore their firmware settings and fix various issues with their device. The procedure for DFU is pretty basic and straightforward for different devices, and it is an effective way to fix iPhone won’t charge case.
Follow the steps listed below to Device Firmware. Update your device.
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your system.
- Connect your device and play iTunes.
- Now, put your device in DFU Mode.
– For iPhone 6s/6s + and earlier:
- Then press the power button and home button for 10 seconds.
- Now release the power button but press the home button until your device is visible on iTunes in your system.
– For iPhone 7/7 +
- Press the power button & volume—decrease button on your device for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button but keep pressing the volume decrease button.
- Wait until your device appears in iTunes, and then release the volume decrease button.
– For iPhone, XS, XS Max, XR, 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 11, iPhone 12:
- Press the Volume increase button, and after that, press the Volume Decrease button.
- Then press the side button of your device until the screen turns blank and now let the device restart.
6. Repair Your iPhone
Now when you have tried all the methods listed above and still your device is not charging, it is time when you must contact the support center. If all these methods listed above are not applicable, then connect to the support center instantly because it does mean that your device has some issue.
Mobile phone’s battery is a severe issue to users as everyone wishes for a long-lasting battery in their mobile phone which must get charged instantly and last for 2-3 days. But this image is far out of the box; suppose what has to be done if the phone stops charging. Hope this article will help you fix your iPhone if it is not charging.