Screenshots have become a very commonly used feature nowadays. You can save a photo, take a copy of a receipt, a text conversation, a social media post, and much more with a screenshot. However, the exact mechanism for a screenshot varies depending on the device you are using.
Screenshots on an Apple iPad are relatively straightforward. However, Apple has not detailed the process clearly. Also, depending on the version of the iPad you are using, the process could vary. In this guide, we will be showing you different ways to take a screenshot on your Apple iPad. Read on to find out more.
How To Screenshot On iPad
With the Top & Home or Volume up Buttons
This is the go-to method on the older iPads. If your iPad has a home button, this option can be used.
- Identify the power and home keys. The power key is usually found on the top corner while the home button is around the key below the screen.
- To take a screenshot, press both the keys simultaneously.
- You can view the screenshot in the lower-left section. Wait for it to disappear and then you can access it from the photos app.
- Else, you can click on the preview option to edit the photo. After everything is over, click on the Done option.
- Thus, the screenshot is captured. You can find it either in the photos or in the files folder.
Newer versions of the iPad do not have a home button and therefore you need to follow the same procedure with the power and volume up buttons instead.
With the AssistiveTouch
Assistive touch allows you to take a screenshot without needing to press multiple buttons simultaneously. For this method to work, we need to turn on the Assistive Touch option. Go to the general option in settings and then choose Accessibility and from there Assistive Touch and enable it.
- After Assistive Touch is enabled, head to the device and go to More.
- Click on the screenshot option. This will capture the screen.
- The screenshot can be viewed from the Photos folder.
How to Take a SS using an Apple Pencil
If your iPad is compatible with a stylus, then you make use of an Apple Pencil to take a screenshot.
- Take the page you want to capture. Now, swipe the pencil from the bottom right to the center.
- A thumbnail will appear in the corner. It will go away in a few seconds but you can tap on it to edit it. Once you are done, then click on the Done option to save the photo.
- You can access the screenshot in the Photos application.
How to Find your SS on an iPad
Even if you did not do Instant Markup, you can edit the photos at any time.
- Click on the Photos app on the home screen.
- Click on the Album option.
- Select the screenshots option.
How to Edit your SS using Instant Markup
Immediately after you take the screenshot, you can tap on it to do Instant Markup. In this feature, you can use a marker, eraser, or pencil to edit the screenshot. You can also crop the captured screenshot by dragging the edges. Moreover, you can alter the color of the writing tools as well.
Also, there are additional options you can access by clicking on the More button.
- You can add text to the screenshot by clicking the add text option.
- You can create a signature and add it to the screenshot.
- Magnifier will let you zoom different sections of the photo.
- Also, you can add shapes to the screenshot like a bubble, arrow, square, and a circle.
How to Share a SS on iPad
- From the photos app, choose the screenshot you want to share.
- Nextly, click on the Share button from the bottom left corner.
- Now, select where you want to share like Twitter, Facebook, email, or Airdrop.
We hope you enjoyed this guide on how to take a screenshot on your iPad. Apple offers different ways to take a screenshot and each one of them is quite easy. For any queries regarding the content, do write to us.