Instagram is a social media where you post photos, videos, and stories specifically for your followers. Therefore, you need to give importance to your followers and make sure that their number is increasing to get more traction.
There are various ways to increase followers such as you follow someone and he follows you back. Therefore, you have to keep track who is unfollowing you so that you can also unfollow them. Besides, if your follower count is decreasing, you should know who unfollowed you. Here are the ways on how to see who unfollowed you on Instagram.
How to Keep Count of Who Unfollowed You on Your Instagram Manually?
If you have a limited number of followers, especially when you accept those people as followers whom you personally know, you can keep an excel sheet whereby you can save the name of your followers. If you find that your followers’ count has decreased, you can match the name of the existing followers with your excel sheet and find out who stopped following you.
We are going to repeat again that this method is only applicable when you have a limited number of followers. This is because it is impossible to keep track of followers in an excel sheet when the number is large. In that case, you can take the help of a third-party tool that shows you who unfollowed you.
How to Check Who Unfollowed You On Your Instagram?
You can check who unfollowed you on Instagram from your Instagram app as well as from Instagram website.
Method 1: Check Through Instagram App
- Go To Instagram App – Open Instagram app from your device. Log in to your Instagram account if not already logged in.
- Go To Your Profile – After you have logged in and the home screen of Instagram is in front of you, tap on Profile icon present at the bottom right corner.
- Go To Followers Tab – Your Instagram Profile page will open. Tap on the Followers tab located at the top of the screen.
- Check For The Unfollower – If someone has unfollowed you, you should not find him/her under your Followers list. Therefore, your job is to go through the entire list and find out if anyone is absent from the list. If someone is absent from the list, the person has either deleted Instagram account or unfollowed you. To see if the person has deleted account or not, you can search for the person on Instagram manually and find out if his/her Instagram account still exists or not.
Method 2: Check Through Instagram Website
- Open Instagram Website – Open the web browser on your phone and computer. Go to www.instagram.com and this will open the official website of Instagram.
- Log Into Your Account – It is quite obvious that you must not be using Instagram from its website because of the limited features available. Therefore, you need to log in with your Instagram username and password.
- Go To Your Profile – You need to go to your Profile page and you need to click on the top-right corner of the page.
- Go To Followers Tab – Under Profile page, there is a followers tab available located below the username. Click on the Followers tab to check all the available followers.
- Check For The Unfollower – Check the list of followers and find out who is absent from the list. Search for his/her Instagram profile to ensure that his/her profile is active and the person unfollowed you intentionally.
The biggest drawback in both the methods is that when you have a large followers list and there are followers whom you may not know personally, it is almost impossible to find out who unfollowed you. That is why you need to utilize a third-party app that can keep track of who is following and unfollowing you without your intervention.
Method 3: Using “Followers & Unfollowers” on Android
The best way to see who unfollowed you on Instagram is by using a third-party app called “Followers & Unfollowers”. The app is available for both Android. The average rating of the app is quite high which proves that it works, unlike various third-party apps that claim to work but fail in reality. Followers & Unfollowers is easy to set up, and the interface is simple.
The feature of checking who unfollowed you is available absolutely free. It will start tracking your unfollowers from the moment you install the app, and hence, you cannot track those who unfollowed you beforehand. Apart from unfollowers, you can find out who are not following your back, people you are not following, and mutual followers.
Download ‘Followers & Unfollowers ‘App and Check Unfollowers
- Go to Play Store and install Followers & Unfollowers app on your device.
- Launch the app and log in with your Instagram credentials. You can rest assured that your Instagram credentials won’t be leaked.
- After a few days, go to Recent Unfollowers option to check who unfollowed you after you installed the app.
- You can also go to Don’t Follow Me Back option and check if there is any new entrant.
If you have limited followers, you can track who unfollowed you manually by keeping a record in an excel sheet or in your mind. However, as the number of followers increases, you have to go for a third-party app that does all the tracking work for you. Followers & Unfollowers is the most legit app to see who unfollowed you on Instagram anytime you want and take steps accordingly.