Instagram is an extremely popular social media platform and most users access it through its mobile app rather than through its website. This is because Instagram focuses more on providing a better mobile experience rather than a website and desktop experience.
Therefore, there are very limited features and options available on Instagram website in comparison to Instagram. However, there could be times when you may want to post on Instagram from your computer instead of your smartphone. In this article, we will illustrate the steps to post on Instagram from a PC.
Why Do You Want To Upload Instagram Posts From Your Computer?
There are various reasons why you may want to post on Instagram from your computer.
- You may be editing the photos on your computer using professional photo editing software which is far better than photo editor apps on smartphones. Therefore, you may want to upload photos directly from your computer rather than transferring them to your phone and then uploading them through the app.
- You may want the convenience of a bigger screen where you can surf through your profile and others in a wholesome way.
- You may want to write long captions and a computer keyboard offers the convenience of typing.
- Your smartphone is damaged and you would need some time for it to get repaired. In the meantime, you can keep your Instagram account active by posting from computer.
How To Post on Instagram from Your Computer?
Uploading Instagram posts from your computer is quite easy. Here are the steps on how to post on Instagram from PC.
1. Go To Instagram Website
Open Chrome browser or any other browser on your PC. Now you will have to visit www.instagram.com. Log into your Instagram account with username and password.
2. Go to Inspect Section
You need to right-click anywhere on Instagram website. You will come across many options on the drop-down menu from where you will have to select “Inspect” option.
Alternately, you can even click on the three dots which are in the browser’s top right. From there, you will have to go to “More tools” followed by “Developer Tools”.
Another way to open Inspect section is by pressing the keyboard combination of Ctrl + Shift + I.
3. Transforming from Website Mode to Mobile Mode
You will now have to click the icon of the smartphone+tablet which is located at the top bar of the Inspect section. Keep in mind that the position of the icon must be in the second from the left side. To be certain that you can click on the smartphone+tablet icon, place your mouse cursor and you will tooltip as “Toggle device toolbar” on Chrome and “Responsive design mode” for Firefox.
Even better, you can press Ctrl + Shift+ M instead of clicking on the icon as described above to transform the Website mode to Mobile mode. Even when Instagram website transforms into Mobile mode, you will not see the Upload button.
4. Refresh The Browser –
To bring the Upload button, you have to refresh your browser. Hit the Refresh button on the browser. You can also press F5 key on your keyboard and you will see the Upload(+) button at the bottom.
Post on Instagram from PC Using BlueStacks App Player –
If you think that the above-mentioned method of uploading Instagram posts is slightly complicated and time-consuming, you can use a third-party application for uploading posts on Instagram. The best application is BlueStacks App Player which is an emulator. An emulator is a virtual smartphone where you can use all apps in the same way as you can do on your smartphone.
To upload Instagram posts, you have to first install Instagram app from Play Store available inside BlueStacks application. Thereafter, you need to open Instagram app and log in with your account credentials. Now you can upload Instagram posts and stories the same way you do on your smartphone.
How To Post On Instagram from Your Mac?
You can even upload Instagram posts from your Mac. Here are the steps to follow.
1. Visit Instagram.com
Open Safari web browser and visit the official website of Instagram. Log into your Instagram account with username and password.
2. Go to Advanced option
You need to navigate to “Preferences” and “Advanced” option. Now you will have to check on the box which is next to the “Show Develop Menu” option. This option is located at the bottom of the menu bar.
3. Pick The Mobile Interface
Now you will see the “Develop” menu option in the toolbar. It is located at the top of the browser screen. You need to click on “Develop” followed by “User Agent”. This will allow you to select your preferred mobile interface. The moment you set your mobile interface, the page will refresh. Now you will be able to see the Instagram upload(+) button at the bottom.
Post on Instagram from a Mac Using Flume –
Mac users can even use Flume for making posts on Instagram. The native Instagram client for iOS lets you use Instagram on Mac just like a mobile app. You can browse, comment, post, and even like posts. All you have to do is to download and install the app. By logging in, you will be able to use it the same way you use on iPhone.
Keep in mind that Flume does not provide access to all the features of Instagram. It limits the video chats as well as suggested posts in the feed. Also, you will not be able to use certain visual effects for stories. However, it can be a great alternative if you don’t bother about the limitations.
Post on Instagram from Creator Studio
With Creator Studio developed by Facebook, you will be able to manage your Instagram and Facebook accounts. It lets you access it directly from a unified dashboard. Creative Studio lets you track engagement metrics as well as identify the top followers. You can do a lot more including managing your comments and messaging from one inbox.
Another great advantage of Creator Studio is that it lets you upload posts. Here we will explain to you how to post on Instagram through Creator Studio.
- The first step will be to go to the homepage of Creator Studio. Now by using your Instagram or Facebook username and password, you will have to log in.
- On the top of the middle page, you will find an Instagram icon which you will have to click. Select on “Connect Your Account” option. However, keep in mind that you need to have a Creator Account or an Instagram Business account to proceed further.
In case if you do not have an account, you need to go to the Instagram app. By launching the Instagram app, you will have to go to “Settings” followed by “Account”. The next step will be to “Create Professional Account”. Follow all the instructions on the screen.
Also, you need to be connected to your Facebook account. In case if you don’t have one, you need to create a page. Creative Studio lets you add your existing Facebook account by just selecting the profile icon. Next, you will have to choose “Edit Profile” and then hit “Page”.
- In the next step, you will have to go to Creator Studio to make posts. First, you will have to select “Create Post”. You will now have to click on “Instagram Feed”.
- If in case you have multiple accounts, you need to choose the one that you would like to make a post.
- Now you will have to click on “Add Content”. Keep in mind that you will have options to upload the content “From Facebook Page” or “From File”. There is also an optional step of adding caption and location. There is also an option to make the post appear on the linked Facebook page.
- In the final step, you need to click “Publish” to make your Instagram post via Creator Studio.
How to Upload Instagram Story from A PC or Mac?
To upload an Instagram story from your computer, you need to follow these steps.
- Firstly, you need to enable developer tools followed by switching on to mobile mode.
- Now you need to click on the camera icon which is on the top left. It will give you the option to choose the photo or video which will be a part of your Instagram Story.
- In the next step, there will be an option to add text, filters, gifs, and other components.
- Now at the bottom of the screen, you will find the option to “Add to your story”. Go for it and your story will be published.
How To Edit An Instagram Post From Your PC or Mac?
Just like a mobile app, you can even edit or delete posts from Instagram via PC or Mac. It is easy to do and is nearly identical. Here are the steps that you need to follow to make changes to your post.
- You will have to begin by switching on to mobile mode and using it in developer tools.
- Click on the three-dot icon which is present in the right corner.
- Click on “Edit” and make the necessary changes. You can easily edit locations, captions, and tags.
- If you think that your post is ready, you will have to click on the blue checkmark to finish editing.
It is true that uploading Instagram posts from desktop is difficult but once you do it, you will get used to the process. There are different methods of uploading Instagram posts and stories available for Windows PC and Mac. You should check out all of them and choose the easiest one as per your preference.